The story is finished, revised, edited, ready to go. Or is it? Proofreading catches all the easy-to-overlook mistakes a writer may miss, especially after making editorial changes. Are there any typos? Copy mistakes? Grammar, punctuation, capitalization, or spelling errors that slipped by? Proofreading addresses those problems.
The fee for this service is $2.50 per page (using the industry standard of 250 words per page.)
As with the other services, please format your manuscript in keeping with that which agents and editors require. Here are the basics:
- 12 point Times New Roman font
- Double spaced
- No extra line between paragraphs
- Margins set at one inch, for both sides and top/bottom
- The beginning of each paragraph indented (a half inch)
- A “slug” included in the header: Author last name / Title / Page number
Writers wishing this type of edit should transmit their manuscript electronically using Microsoft Word. Any corrections will be made using Word’s “Track Changes” feature.
You may contact me about this service by leaving a comment (moderation is on, so it will not be visible to others) or by emailing me at rluellam at yahoo dot com. Please include your genre and the approximate length of your manuscript.